How to enable the Frequency Hopping option on the DG5000 seriesThe Rigol DG5000 series of arbitrary waveform generators have optional Frequency Hopping capabilities. Here are the steps to obtaining and activating the option.
1) Contact your local Rigol Sales office to obtain a copy of the Frequency Hopping license for your instrument.
NOTE: Each license is tied to an individual serial number, so please have your serial number ready when you are purchasing the license.
2) In most cases, the license will be emailed to you. The license file for the Frequency Hopping option will have a .CEN file extension.
3) Save the .CEN file to the root directory of a USB memory stick.
4) Insert the USB stick into the front panel of the DG5.
5) Press the Save/Recall button.
6) Press Browser button until DIR is shown.
NOTE: DIR stands for Directory and will allow you to browse different folders and directories. The FILE option will allow you to select specific files.
7) Rotate the selection knob to select the D: drive. This is the standard drive letter for the USB memory stick.
8) Press File Type and select ALL FILES.
9) Press Browser button until FILE is indicated.
10)Rotate the selector knob in the file explorer window and select the .CEN file.
11) Press Read button.