Ultrascope Using RS-232
This document will show users how to configure ultrascope to communicate over RS-232 (Serial) connections.
NOTE: The RS-232 connection can be made using a standard RS-232 port or a properly configured USB-RS232 adapter such as the Trendnet(c) TU-S9
1. Install Ultrascope
2. Install any drivers for the USB-RS232 adapter (if you are using this option)
3. Plug scope into power cord and power on
4. Connect a straight through RS-232 cable to computer Serial port and scope (Or connect USB-RS232 adapter to computer USB port and RS-232 port on the scope)
5. Configure the scope I/O by pressing the Utility key > IO Setting. Note the Baud rate of the RS-232 port.
6. Open Ultrascope by clicking on the Ultrascope Icon or Executable (.EXE)
7. Select Tools > Options from the main tool bar
8. Select RS-232 from the General Settings Tab
9. Set the correct COM port number and Baud rate on the Communications Settings tab
10. Connect to the instrument using either the Tools > Connect to instrument menu selection or the Connect Icon in the main menu
11. You can now collect waveform, BMP, CSV, and other types of data remotely using your Rigol Oscilloscope!