How to use the Zone Trigger Function on the MSO5000, DS7000 and MSO8000
The zone trigger capability of the instrument can be useful for triggering on none standard trigger events or if you would like an easy way to trigger on or exclude part of a signal.
- With your instrument already triggering on the signal in question.
- Tap on the lower left-hand corner of the display on the icon to the left of the channel 1 controls. This will bring up the pop-up navigation menu which allows you to quickly make some measurements, set references, perform pass/fail testing, perform math operations and decode serial communication.
- Tap on the “Draw rect” icon so that the rectangle is highlighted in blue.
- Now tap anywhere outside of that menu to close it.
- To draw your zone trigger, draw a square on any section of the working area on the screen. (For the image below, I knew that there was some form of an infrequent drop out occurring in the signal so I drew my box in the signal and then selected it to only trigger when an event occurred. This make take several attempts to get the trigger right but when you do you will be easily able to see an infrequent signal.)
- This will also open the zone trigger menu on the right hand side of the instrument. In this menu you can set the zone trigger to work in two different ways the first way is only when a signal is in the area of interest and the other is by using it to exclude part of the signal. Additionally if you do not want to redraw the area of interest you can draw the zone trigger around on the display before it is giving you the desired effect.